Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Not a snow day!

We missed the Big Storm that was supposed to land a foot on us through out the night. Everyone had hoped for a snow day. I was driving back from Duluth, MN, where it did start last night and was glad to get home before it was bad driving.
Here as promised are some of the things I've been working on.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
As you can see here I have simplified the image and added no layers. But I have to caution you, this is not my aesthetic. I have the uncontrollable desire to alter it. I continued by creating a contact print in the darkroom. Then I scanned that print and layered with a textured element. My object is to create an investigation into the space between the image, our desire to view an object, a feminist reading on the visual pleasure of "looking" at females, and destruction referencing time and the human hand.
Now this one I think I'm going to stop with this next version. Ok maybe just a little fine adjustment. But as you can see this is the image I like to create. There is distortion and destruction of the original image. I don't care if the figure is not that visible.
This one is in response to Liz Dechenes talk. I really think I might try to do more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment