Monday, October 1, 2012

Fire

Just to keep you updated. I have shown a few of the beginnings of this new series. In exploring the cyanotype, I am using chance as well as planning to make these images.


You can see the marks on the paper from burning. I also have cut several to see how they will react/form after rinsing when I hang them to dry.
Here you can see the coating I spread over the paper. This is to help create a starch layer to give added color so the cyanotype doesn't sink into the paper too deep. And with that I have added a salt resist.
This is a finished piece (minus the burning) with a salt resist.
 
As you can see they are really removed from the traditional representation images associated with photography. I hope to get into the readings I've been doing later. Right now if you are interested the books to read are by Lyle Rexer. Very informative and they say all the things I've been thinking but hadn't put into words yet!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment