Friday, July 20, 2012

Getting under way

I have been doing a lot of reading. Also trying to get the direction of the work off to a good start. I've been photographing some of the pieces I brought to the last residency and it's tough. They are either so reflective they shine too much or they lose their color quality. Also have one or two other new ones. In looking at Marco Breuer and Liz Deschenes, I've been putting a lot of thought into how to use what they do and add my own personal twist. It's hard!
New Pieces detail and large view:
In this I am making a more sculptural body out of the photograph. That's a curl in the upper edge.




Now on another path.....
Here's a photo transfer I started. I tried the Digital Ground Media for printing digital files but I wasn't getting a very good surface image. So I switched to trying a transfer.
The paper is partially scrubbed off. I'm not liking the loss of detail and emphasis. I think it probably works well with large graphic images.
 Inside looking down.
Now this is interesting. I've started by forming Kraft paper into a sculptural object (vase) and am going to see how well I can apply an image. I think I'll skip the photo transfers on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment